Friday, June 6, 2008

Kaitlyn


I have four grandchildren and Kaitlyn is the oldest. Wow, I remember when she was born - grandma...ing was so new. I wasn't really relaxed at first. Now three grandkids later, well, I feel like a true grandma. Dick and I are papaw and mamaw Conrad as Kaitlyn has her maternal grandparents, as well as two great grandma's and one great grandpa. She will be seven in October and is quite a reader - like fifth grade level. Books are her passion and Mike and Kristi read to the kids every evening. I make up stories. So whenever we are together - usually the two oldest (Kaitlyn and Jacob) and I spend a lot of time telling stories. The kids now have favorites, so if I goof up reciting the story they tell me I'm doing it wrong! This picture of Kaitlyn was on her 6th birthday. She looks the most like our son, Mike.

No comments: